1. Sarthak Yellow Room - children in urban slums, construction sites and villages.
2. Sarthak Gurukul - formal school for children in villages.
Our vision is ‘Happy Empowered Children’. Yellow is a colour that exhibits happiness and hope. Yellow is a favourite with children and adds vibrancy to a place.
We set up permanent transformational study centres in the heart of communities. They are painted yellow to add life to the place and thus we call them Yellow Rooms.
They aim at providing free of cost education and empowerment to all the children living in that community. The Yellow Rooms are operational six days of the week, six hours everyday.
1. Sarthak Happy Transformation 2. Sarthak Holistic Education 3. Sarthak School Inclusion 4. Sarthak Skill and Empower 5. Sarthak Educator Training
Human beings have taken birth to be happy and peaceful and to love, share and care. It is essential that we experience all this since childhood so that it becomes a part of us. Our Happy Transformation programme focusses on
1. Admission to private English medium schools and sponsor their entire education through Sarthak School Scholarship
2. Use Right to Education Act for eligible children
3. For all the remaining, enrol them to the nearest government school
Our rate of making children from non-school going to school going is 95% within first two years of setting up a Yellow Room.
One of our objectives is to make children self-sustainable. We want that they come employable so that they are empowered to take care of themselves and their families. In 2019, we initiated our Skill and Empower programme where we are tying up with corporates to run modules for our children which will give an exposure about that industry. It would also help them pick up basic skills needed to join that industry.
We also prepare them for professional courses.
We enrol them with short term courses like computer, martial arts, dancing and other similar courses.
We are also tying up with skill institutes to train our children for specific skills that would make them employable in the future.
Every week, a training-meeting is organised for the Educators of all the Yellow Rooms where they come together and exchange their ideas. There are two trainers who train them for skills to handle the classes effectively. There is a training module that we have which ensures that Educators are honed with skills needed to handle and educate children in a nice and happy manner.